General Skilled Migration to Western Australia
Some exciting changes on the visa from for those people looking at living and working in Western Australia.
1. The Wester Australian Government has made changes to its migration program to support skilled workers looking to migrate to Western Australia including increasing occupations eligible for skilled migration in WA by around 60 per cent.
Migration WA has made significant temporary changes to its skilled state nomination program criteria, including:
- new occupations added to the eligible lists WA State Nomination – combined occupation list.
- waiving the $200 application fee
- halving the requirement to have an employment contract from 12 months to six months
- reducing requirements for applicants to demonstrate sufficient funds
- removing additional English requirements for professional and manager occupations, and
- reducing work experience requirements for the 2022-23 program year
2. Free Skilled Migrant Employment Register now available!
The new Skilled Migrant Employment Register is a free initiative supporting employers and skilled migrants to connect to build the Western Australian workforce.
Skilled migrants seeking employment can indicate their interest to connect with the Western Australian workforce by completing the registration form. Once registered, de-identified details are published on the Skilled Migrant Employment Register, indicating to employers the interest to gain employment in Western Australia.
Employers have the opportunity to review the Skilled Migrant Employment Register to identify talent that may align with their business needs, and connect with a skilled migrant.
For more information, visit Skilled Migrant Employment Register.
3. 2022-23 program changes - new applications being accepted from people residing overseas – and an expansion of occupations available under the Graduate stream.
Commencing in the 2022-23 program year people residing overseas are now eligible to be considered for Western Australia (WA) State nomination. Invitations to apply for WA State nomination will be via the ranking system, giving preference to applicants currently residing in WA, followed by those residing in Australia and then those residing overseas.
The 2022-23 updated Western Australian State nomination criteria is now available.
The 2022-23 program year will also provide candidates the opportunity to access an expanded, more extensive, Graduate occupation list under the Graduate stream. With over 300 occupations becoming available.
The expanded Graduate occupation list will become available in 2022-23 and is outlined in the new 2022-23 WA State nomination – combined occupation list.
Source : MIA and the Stage Government of WA.